Do You Have To Use The Body Shop Your Insurance Recommends?
Car accidents happen all the time and contrary to popular belief, they are not always major or drastic. Car accidents can include dents, paint scratching, or even the handle of the door breaking. In major cities like Brooklyn, New York, dents and bumps are unavoidable.
If your car gets involved in a major or minor accident, your insurance company should cover all or a part of the charges. They might recommend a body shop however, this is not compulsory. You can either accept and go to their recommended body shop or select one of your own. To help you make better-informed decisions, let’s discuss both options.
Going to the Insurance-Recommended Body Shop.
A body shop focuses on the body of the vehicle so if there are damages sustained to the engine, the body shop may not fix those. However, don’t be alarmed as long as your insurance company is aware the damages are internal as well as external this should not be an issue. Now, a body shop recommended by your insurance company is a good option for the following reasons:
- It is most definitely a reputable body shop. Insurance companies will not associate with shoddy or fraudulent body shops in order to protect their own reputation.
- Your car will get fixed significantly faster. If you need your car fixed urgently then you should opt for the recommended body shop.
- It’ll be less stressful for you. The pre-existing relationship between your insurance company and the body shop will reduce the amount of paperwork you have to handle. The process will be much easier.
- If there are still issues after the repairs are done, you’ll have an easier time getting those issues addressed if you’re using the recommended body shop. There may also be a life-warranty guaranteed from your insurance company and the body shop.
- If it’s a bodyshop part of a larger chain you’ll be able to get it fixed in different cities without having to return to the original city you first got it fixed. If it’s a chain body shop then you should be able to fix your car in Brooklyn, New York and California, Los Angeles.
Let’s discuss the disadvantages of using the recommended body shop.
- Your insurance company’s recommended body shop does not work for you. They work for your insurance company. Therefore they will be making the repairs as cheap as possible to save your insurance company the most amount of money. If you’re not familiar with cars and how they work then you’ll be left with some very sub-par repairs.
- The body shop may not be familiar with your vehicle or the brand of your vehicle. This could lead to them making bad decisions that could damage your car permanently.
Going to a body shop of your choice
Going to a body shop you select will need more negotiations with your insurance company and more research on your part however it’ll be worth it if you already have a good history with the body shop of your choice.
If you have no options for a body shop besides your insurance company’s recommended body shop then perhaps select the recommended body shop and keep a close eye on them. Check their online reviews and if they’re in your city ask friends or people around you if the body shop is reputable. Ensure you’re asking people in your city. If you live in Brooklyn New York and the body shop is located in Brooklyn New York then you should ask friends within that area.
Whichever decision you make should be motivated by your immediate needs, if your vehicle needs special attention then go to your selected body shop and if you need it immediately the recommended body shop is the best option for you.
Insurance Claims For Car Bumpers
Let’s say that you decided not to have that minor front bumper damage repaired to save a few bucks, and the absorbers and/or bumper bar were weakened without your knowledge. Later, you’re involved in another front-end accident, resulting in serious damage to the engine compartment. An insurance adjuster could potentially inspect the vehicle and notice the old bumper damage. They may then determine that the previous damage structurally compromised the bumper’s integrity, allowing the force of the most recent crash to cause more-extensive and “unnecessary” repairs. In a worst-case scenario, your insurance company has the right to decline your claim altogether, and then you’ll be forced to pay out-of-pocket for all the repairs.
Has your car been in a collision or minor fender bender? If your vehicle has received body, frame or paint damage, call Auto Group Collision at (718) 449-4616 and see how we can help! Contact us now to for a FREE ESTIMATE!
Auto Group Collision is Brooklyn’s Body Shop Experts
Since 2004 Auto Group Collision has been providing the people of Brooklyn and surrounding areas with the highest quality of collision repair and auto body repair service. We established a trusted collision center that takes customer from the initial estimate to the completion of repair to getting you back into your car and in the driver’s seat while working closely with your insurance company.
Dealing with an automobile collision is traumatic enough without having to worry about filing insurance claims. We know that each insurance company has its own procedures, and we’re here to assist you with the insurance company transactions. We provide the information they require regarding the collision repairs, as we guide you through the entire process of dealing with all the paperwork.
We accept all insurance estimates and work with all insurance companies. Auto Body Collision wants you to be a satisfied policy holder, so we’ve established relationships with all the region’s major insurance companies. Working directly with your insurance company, we’re able to start repairs immediately while also often helping speed up the insurance adjuster’s inspection and approval.
As soon as the work is approved, the parts are ordered. To expedite the work, when parts are received they are put into a bin, which only holds parts for one particular job. This type of care and orderliness insures your vehicle is repaired using only authorized parts.
Auto Body Collision works with your insurance company, estimating damage, handling your claim, and negotiating with the insurance company to make sure your repairs are done properly and swiftly.
Has your car been in a collision or minor fender bender? If your vehicle has received body damage, frame or paint damage, call Auto Group Collision at (718) 449-4616 and see how we can help! Contact us now to for a FREE ESTIMATE!