When Car Paint Fades it can be the beginning of major headache for many drivers. When the Auto Paint of a vehicle fades, rusts, or is damaged it can not only cause cosmetic damage but can lead to open areas for the beginning of a major car rust issue. Auto paint or automotive paint is the type of paint used for vehicles for both decoration and protective purposes. The type of paint used can reduce the possibility of rust unless the paint is scraped off. Auto Paint is usually applied in multiple layers to ensure it is as protective as it is decorative because it must be able to withstand UV light and rays.
Reasons why Car Paint Fades
- Corrosion and Formation of Rust – Corrosion occurs when substances like rust are formed on the body of a vehicle. Rust is the deterioration of metal. Rust can occur as a result of oxidation which is when the metal of the vehicle is exposed to saltwater. This will lead to a brownish substance being formed over the paint, and eventually, it begins to eat at the metal.
- Harsh Chemicals or Cleaners – Harsh chemicals that are abrasive will harm the detailing on the car. If you’re washing your vehicle yourself, you should make sure you wipe it down with water before you start using cleaning supplies. This is to ensure all the debris such as sand and little stones are removed so you don’t end up running these stones up and down your vehicle, which could lead to the paint being scraped off and faded car paint. Also, do not use bristle brushes to wash the exterior or body of your vehicle. They should only be used to wash the tires of your vehicle.
If you go to a car wash, ensure they are not using plastic brushes that spin. These brushes are harsh, and they can damage the paint job of a vehicle. Car washes may also use very harsh cleaning materials.
- Acid Rain and Pollution – Acid rain is when rain has high levels of hydrogen ion, which makes it more acidic than it should be. This sort of rain can damage the paint job of a vehicle by eating away at the paint and causing dents which then leads to rust. Other types of pollution like smog make the air unnecessarily humid and can increase the chances of rust.
- UV Rays – UV Rays or Direct Sunlight can damage a vehicle’s paint. Intense and continuous exposure to sunlight can damage the paint job of a vehicle and cause it to fade. If you pay attention, you’ll notice that a lot of faded car paint occurs on the roof or hood of a vehicle.
- Road Salt – Especially in Brooklyn, NY the use of Road Salt in major Winter Weather can be troublesome for your Car’s Paint. With constant exposure of the harsh conditions of Road Salt being brushed on along the paint of your car, it can provide serious damage to your Car’s Paint if not properly cleaned off after exposure.
Should I Repair Faded Car Paint?
Once your car paint begins to fade, you have to make the decision to either repair it or ignore it. It is much better and cost-effective to repair a minor fade. Once the fade and corrosion start to spread, it’ll cost significantly more to get it fixed. This is why you should get a new coat of Auto Paint in Brooklyn NY. A fresh coat of Auto Paint will improve your car’s value and protect it from the causes of faded car paint.
How to Prevent Faded Car Paint
How can you prevent your car from experiencing faded car paint?
- The first step is to ensure your vehicle is painted with auto paint. Auto paint Brooklyn NY is a special kind of paint that can better protect your vehicle from UV rays and other factors that contribute to having faded car paint in Brooklyn NY.
- You need to opt for less harsh cleaning materials for your vehicle. Harsh or abrasive materials will lead to faded car paint.
- If you notice rust, get it fixed immediately. Rust can compromise the frame of your vehicle, and it doesn’t go away on its own. It only gets worse.
- Finally, if you can, park your vehicle in a garage or invest in a vehicle cover. This way your vehicle is exposed to less sun and isn’t as affected by smog or acid rain in Brooklyn NY.
- Paint Protection Film and Ceramic Coating can also help protect your Car’s Paint and help prevent the Paint of your Car from Fading.
Auto Group Collision is Brooklyn’s Body Shop Experts
Since 2004 Auto Group Collision has been providing the people of Brooklyn and surrounding areas with the highest quality of collision repair and auto body repair service. We established a trusted collision center that takes customer from the initial estimate to the completion of repair to getting you back into your car and in the driver’s seat while working closely with your insurance company.
Dealing with an automobile collision is traumatic enough without having to worry about filing insurance claims. We know that each insurance company has its own procedures, and we’re here to assist you with the insurance company transactions. We provide the information they require regarding the collision repairs, as we guide you through the entire process of dealing with all the paperwork.
We accept all insurance estimates and work with all insurance companies. Auto Body Collision wants you to be a satisfied policy holder, so we’ve established relationships with all the region’s major insurance companies. Working directly with your insurance company, we’re able to start repairs immediately while also often helping speed up the insurance adjuster’s inspection and approval.
As soon as the work is approved, the parts are ordered. To expedite the work, when parts are received they are put into a bin, which only holds parts for one particular job. This type of care and orderliness insures your vehicle is repaired using only authorized parts.
Auto Body Collision works with your insurance company, estimating damage, handling your claim, and negotiating with the insurance company to make sure your repairs are done properly and swiftly.
Has your car been in a collision or minor fender bender? If your vehicle has received body damage, frame or paint damage, call Auto Group Collision at (718) 449-4616 and see how we can help! Contact us now to for a FREE ESTIMATE!