Auto Body Shop repairs can range from fixing small scratches to completely replacing parts. The terms Auto Body Shop and Auto Repair Shop are often used interchangeably; however, they should not be. They are not synonymous, and they offer different services. In this article, we’ll be discussing the differences between auto body shops and auto repair shops.
What is an Auto Mechanic Shop?
An auto mechanic shop is a shop where mechanics repair automobiles. Auto mechanics usually cater to the mechanics of the vehicle, such as the engine, the breaks, the tires, and other parts of the vehicle that contribute to the mechanics. Auto mechanics may also offer services to electronic technology such as electric vehicles and their components. This may include the computer systems included in the vehicle. An auto mechanic figures out what is wrong with a vehicle and then repairs it. An auto mechanic can either specialize in a particular area or make or offer services for all sorts of vehicles. An auto mechanic can perform maintenance practice on vehicles as well as repair cars and some smaller trucks. Not all auto mechanic shops offer services to all vehicles. Sometimes they specialize in cars or a particular make of car. i.e., racing cars.
What is an Auto Body Shop?
Auto Body Shops are shops that cater to the outer body of a vehicle. These are shops that specifically offer detailing services and other services that entail repairs to the exterior of a vehicle. For example, Auto Body Shops Brooklyn NY would offer services such as dent removal, which takes care of dents sustained by the metal of the vehicle. Other services include auto paint application. This is a special kind of paint that protects vehicles from rust and faded car paint. Auto body shops also provide repairs for outer body damage a vehicle might’ve gotten during a collision and scratches.
- Both the auto body shops and the auto mechanic shops offer their services to vehicles and automobiles.
- They both repair vehicles.
Differences between Auto Body Shops and Auto Mechanic Shops
Auto Body Shops
Auto Body Shops have a different area of focus.
- Auto Body Shops Brooklyn NY, will repair the outer parts of a vehicle during a major of minor collisions. This may include painting, dent work, bumper replacement, and overall smoothing and restoration of the vehicle. An auto body shop can make the vehicle look exactly as it used to be before the collision.
- Auto Body Shops repairs and restores dents in the body of the vehicle. Dents can be gotten in many ways. Whether through a minor collision or through hitting the door against a pole, dents can impair the appearance of a vehicle.
- Auto body shops can either repaint the vehicle or use auto paint. Auto Paint is a special type of paint that can withstand the pressures of sunlight and some levels of acid rain. Auto body shops Brooklyn NY, can fix up your paint job and protect your vehicle from rust.
- Auto body shops can align the frames of a vehicle and replace cracked or broken windows.
Auto Mechanic Shops
Auto mechanic shops are concerned with the mechanics of a vehicle.
- Auto mechanic shops work on the brakes of a vehicle.
- They work on vehicle maintenance.
- Auto mechanic shops can service your vehicle and perform oil changes.
- They fix the components of the engine that are faulty or damaged.
- They repair moving components of the vehicle and other parts of the vehicle that become less effective as time passes.
- Auto mechanics repair engine-related damage.
Has your car been in a collision or minor fender bender? If your vehicle has received body, frame or paint damage, call Auto Group Collision at (718) 449-4616 and see how we can help! Contact us now to for a FREE ESTIMATE!
Auto Group Collision is Brooklyn’s Body Shop Experts
Since 2004 Auto Group Collision has been providing the people of Brooklyn and surrounding areas with the highest quality of collision repair and auto body repair service. We established a trusted collision center that takes customer from the initial estimate to the completion of repair to getting you back into your car and in the driver’s seat while working closely with your insurance company.
Dealing with an automobile collision is traumatic enough without having to worry about filing insurance claims. We know that each insurance company has its own procedures, and we’re here to assist you with the insurance company transactions. We provide the information they require regarding the collision repairs, as we guide you through the entire process of dealing with all the paperwork.
We accept all insurance estimates and work with all insurance companies. Auto Body Collision wants you to be a satisfied policy holder, so we’ve established relationships with all the region’s major insurance companies. Working directly with your insurance company, we’re able to start repairs immediately while also often helping speed up the insurance adjuster’s inspection and approval.
As soon as the work is approved, the parts are ordered. To expedite the work, when parts are received they are put into a bin, which only holds parts for one particular job. This type of care and orderliness insures your vehicle is repaired using only authorized parts.
Auto Body Collision works with your insurance company, estimating damage, handling your claim, and negotiating with the insurance company to make sure your repairs are done properly and swiftly.
Has your car been in a collision or minor fender bender? If your vehicle has received body damage, frame or paint damage, call Auto Group Collision at (718) 449-4616 and see how we can help! Contact us now to for a FREE ESTIMATE!